Making reference to the project actions, the partnership will make use of those technologies providing a greater efficiency in terms of production and with a lower impact: the evaluation on the EROEI scale (Energy Returned on Energy Invested) will identify how much energy has been used for the production of a particular device. To this is linked the calculation of the footprint: indeed, having used a less quantity of energy for the system production, a lower quantity of CO2 would have been produced.
The project aims directly to the reduction of petrol and its by-products, by substituting them with a gas emitting only water as a combustion waste.
The association of the above mentioned indicator to the renewable energy production system, gives as a result an energy with a very limited footprint impact and thus allowing a reduction of gases derived by carbon.
The proposed solution, indeed, doesn’t include the “fuel cells”, which are characterized by the optimization of the CO2 reduction process, but at the same time introducing an additional EROEI parameter such as their own production.
In the H2POWER proposal, the use of hydrogen in the combustion phase, doesn’t need any more the production intermediaries thanks to the direct process from the water to the fuel.
Action 1 _Coordination & Administration
Action 2 _ Monitoring, evaluation and quality control
Emission for mobility
The assessment of CO2 equivalent per capita for those involved in project activities (mission, activities for work, etc.) will be made during the implementation. In support of a careful accounting of containing the carbon footprint, the partnership will use an energy manager to identify strategies and more effective solutions to reduce emissions of CO2 equivalent. An evaluation report “LCA (Life Cycle Assessment), will be published with the Layman’s chart.
To contain CO2 emissions the following actions will be introduced and evaluated by H2POWER partnership:
1. Making reference to the provision of H2 to be used in the mixture with methane, the project partnership will identify a supplier producing H2 from renewable sources.
2. Inclusion in the staff management an Energy Manager to fulfil:
a) Optimization of energy resources
b) Implementation of strategies for energy saving
c) Develop the report LCA
3. Introduction of LED lighting
4. Using a renewable energy plant for power generation
5. Inclusion in the staff of a Mobility Manager to optimize the transport operators
6. Priority use of the web portal to provide for download the necessary information dissemination
7. Maximize the accessibility to ICT equipment (DVD, brochures, etc.) on specific targets and on-demand.
Questo articolo è disponibile anche in: Italian